Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Too Cold for Me

Its been ccccold around here. So cold that I have dug out my "silk undies" and have given up looking pretty for work - sweatshirts and turtlenecks are the attire for me. I have not "lived" like this in quite a few years. I am not complaining. I remember 1994 when this week we had record lows, revolving power outages and snow packed on the roads that the plows could not get to the streets any more. The high temps were -28 degrees. That was cold. So I am watching my complaining and am very thankful that we have 2 fireplaces in our home and a furnace that works. I put the plastic over the windows that tend to let off cold air (our 9' living room window and our 6' dining room window - both with huge solid panes of glass). So they are not bleeding cold air into our home any longer. Yippee!

Bobby started bowling last night with Special Olympics. There were about 60+ athletes out. It was a large group! He had fun. He forgets to go to the center of lane and not turn his wrist over. So he gets really excited to get a spare or a strike. Next week is another week. He will do better. I will keep reminding him about how to bowl.

Well, supper is almost ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment